Comparing Your Worth

Hi! I want to quickly say thank you for checking out my blog. With this being my first post, I am going to make it sweet by starting off with an encouraging message that I feel most children and young adults need to hear. Let's go ahead and jump right in!

As humans, we tend to overlook our importance and let doubt creep into our minds. When the years go by, this seems to occur frequently as we experience more intense situations that wrestle with our heads or cause stress. Doubt has its own way of making a person believe anything opposite of the truth. It puts an idea into one's mind that they cannot fulfill their worth. For teenagers and young adults especially, the pressures of feeling worthy are at high stakes. People have become consumed with comparing themselves to an individual whose life appears better than theirs, but let me tell you, nobody has the perfect life. I challenge you to get rid of the comparison because it causes you to doubt your worth, and trust me, your worthiness is too great to be doubted.
I will go ahead and admit that I'm guilty of comparing myself and my life to others, but it is something I have recognized and am working towards changing. You can too! Instead of wishing for a face like hers, a muscular body like his, a slim body or a curvy body like them, a prettier house, a better looking life, etc., start searching for the current goodness in your life. Focusing on the positives can truly change how you view yourself, and it is is so so good. If there are parts of your life that you want to change, then make the effort to change them. Choose not to go to Instagram, Facebook, or Snapchat to fix your problems. By doing this, you will only continue to doubt who you are through a longing desire to have a picture perfect life.
Set goals for yourself and turn them into a reality. I encourage you to do this because you will not only feel refreshed by taking care of yourself, but you will also feel a sense of peace. You'll feel a sense of relief. You'll feel a sense of pride. These feelings will begin to come into play once you decide to push yourself past comparing who you are to who you aren't. Everyone was made differently; choose to love the life you were given!
Below are a few small goals you can set to help lead you into the right direction:

  1. Cut back on social media.
  2. Limit the time you spend on your phone.
  3. Start a healthier mindset by reading/journaling a few minutes a day. 
I encourage you to give these a try because it is important that we lift ourselves up with a positive attitude. Don't let another person's life discourage your own. You have a beauty inside of you that cannot be resold like an old pair of jeans. You can't waste it, so work on it. Give yourself time to grow. Your beauty will shine so bright as you let go of these silly desires in your head. Start working towards a lifestyle that's free of comparison, and your heart will be beyond happy. 
Let me leave you with this, your worth is as precious as an old book. It is fragile, yet full of an amazing amount of greatness. Gradually lift yourself up with confidence, and a beautiful life will follow. Don't lose sight of your worth. You are enough, always!!!

Comments

  1. I love this so much! I am so excited to keep up with your blog! Lots of love:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips & motivation! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts